Hiking in and around the Bighorns can be an enjoyable, rewarding experience. Trails are found along lakes and streams, across grassy parklands and climbing to reach the highest mountain summits. Those we’ve listed in our Out of Town article are just the tip of the iceberg.
We encourage you to purchase a detailed Forest Map to accurately locate these trails. The Forest Map can be purchased at any of the Bighorn’s District Offices and at many commercial outlets throughout the area. Topographic maps are available through the US Geological Survey or at local sporting goods stores.
Take responsibility for a safe memorable trip:
· Plan ahead
· Know your abilities and limitations
· Tell someone where you’re going
· Carry the appropriate maps
· Be aware of weather changes
· Carry water, food, first-aid kit, and other essentials.